Church History: Then and Now
The First Christian Church, Ponca City, had its beginning in October 1893, when a small group began to meet in a store building. Not being content to worship without a permanent place, a church building was purchased and in 1895 was moved to Third and Central. It remained there until 1905 and was known as The Central Avenue Christian Church.
In 1923 ground breaking services were held for the current sanctuary located at 5th and Cleveland. The educational building and the Chapel were added in 1951. A major renovation was completed in 2004 which allowed accessibility and better usage of the existing building.